- Open Central administration SharePoint web site
- In the manage web application
- Select the web application that you want to extend or create Alternate access mapping
- Create new IIS web site and name it to identify unique
In this document preparation I named the Alternate access mapping as Sharepoint-Custom80.
- Select the appropriate port, as my SharePoint -80 web application listening on 80. This has been changed to 80.
- Type a host header along with FQDN.
- Select the authentication provider, commonly it is NTLM and allow anonymous access, select as you want, in this case it is “No” and choose the public url, in this demonstration I typed as follows
- Click ok and our new cloned web application created.
- Open Internet Information server and see the new web application created in it.
- Open DNS MMC snap-in and add a CNAME record for new cloned site.
b.Fill-out the CNAME record properties and click OK.
Now browse newly created cloned website http://newsite.local
You should be set up go.