You don’t read about this functionally much, but the sitemanager in SharePoint is a little germ if you want to do the following:
-Copy files to a different site, by view or library, something that the explorer view can’t do.
-Move files, by view or library, something that the explorer view can’t do.
-Quickly navigate around not just a site but an entire site collection
1. Go to http://your site path/_layouts/sitemanager.aspx
2. Click on the library from which you would like to move the documents and this should provide you the list of the all documents
3. Select all/documents you would like to move
4. From the menu, under “Actions” there is option to Move/Copy.
5. Select the destination document Lib
This feature has been in SP since 2003, is never discussed. The really cool part is the Content and Structure reports. They’re a little contrived but you can do a fair amount of datamining.